CANCELLATION AND MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY
Our cancellation policy ensures that appointments are respected and helps us provide the best care to all our clients. Please review our policy to understand the requirements for cancellations and rescheduling.
All of us at Pediatric and Adult Behavioral Counseling understand that circumstances may arise requiring you to cancel or reschedule your appointment. However, missed appointments not only affect us, but also impact other clients and potential clients who could have been seen during that time. To ensure smooth operations and fairness to all, we have established this policy.
INCLUDED IN THIS POLICY:
- Cancellation, Rescheduling, No Show Policy and Fees
- Late Cancellation and No Show Fee
- Missed Weekend Appointments
- Missed Extended Hour (Monday-Thursday) Appointments
- Missed Same Day Appointments
- Insurance Coverage and Missed Appointments
- Late Appointment Arrival Policy
- Appointment Arrival
- Insurance Clients and Late Arrival Policy
- File Closure Resulting from Missed, Cancelled and/or No Show Appointments
How to Cancel or Reschedule:
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact your clinician or our office using any of the following methods: phone, text, email, or SimplePractice messenger. Please avoid responding to automated reminder messages as we do not receive those.
Cancel or Reschedule Notice Periods:
We kindly request a 24-hour notice if you are unable to attend your appointment. For illness-related cancellations, please provide a minimum of four (4) hours’ notice. This will allow your Counselor to adjust their schedule, offer the time slot to other clients and/or avoid driving into the office.
Late Cancellation and No Show Fee:
If an appointment is canceled or missed without adequate notice, the full cost of the scheduled appointment will be charged as a late cancellation or no show fee. This fee is unbillable to insurance.
Weekend Appointments and Extended Hours:
Weekend Appointments: Our weekend begins at 5:00 pm on Friday until Monday at 9:00 am. Appointments cancelled or rescheduled without a 24 hour notice during these hours are subject to the same cancellation policy plus an additional $35.00 fee will apply.
Extended Hours on Monday through Thursday: Appointments scheduled before 9:00 am and after 7:00 pm are subject to the same cancellation/ no show policy plus an additional $35.00 fee will apply.
Same Day Appointments: If you scheduled a same-day appointment (appointment within 24 hours of being scheduled) and are unable to attend, same cancellation/ no show policy plus an additional $35.00 fee will apply.
Insurance Coverage: Late cancellation and no show fees are not covered by insurance. These fees will be charged to the payment method on file.
LATE APPOINTMENT ARRIVAL POLICY:
We value your time and strive to maintain a punctual schedule for all our clients. To ensure the smooth flow of appointments, we have implemented the following policy:
Late Appointment Arrival: Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Your counselor will wait up to ten minutes for your arrival. If you are not present for your appointment, no show fee applies. If your counselor is available after ten minutes and you would like to have your session, no show fee still applies and appointment will end at scheduled time.
Insurance Clients: We are unable to bill insurance if you are not present within seven minutes of your scheduled start time. Your counselor will wait up to seven minutes for your arrival. If you are not present for your appointment, the no show fee applies. If your counselor is available after seven minutes and you would like to have your session, no show fee still applies and appointment will end at scheduled time. Please note that we are unable to bill insurance and fee will be billed to your payment method on file.
FILE CLOSURE POLICY:
Closing therapeutic relationships can be challenging, and we want to ensure a proper termination process for both parties. The length of the termination process depends on the duration and intensity of treatment. There are several reasons why we may need to close your file, including but not limited to:
- Completion of Goals
- Scope of Services: If your needs exceed the scope of services we provide, we may need to refer you to a higher level of care or expertise.
- Relocation: If either you or your therapist moves out of state, file closure may be necessary.
- Therapist Availability: In cases where the therapist is no longer able to provide services due to death, illness, leaving the practice, being drafted, or personal reasons; file closure may occur.
- Outstanding Balance: After a balance remains past due for 30 days, the clinician reserves the right to cancel upcoming appointments. Balances exceeding 60 days may result in file closure. We are committed to working with you to create a payment plan to avoid file closure. If your file is closed due to non-payment, it may be re-opened upon receipt of full payment, subject to the clinician’s discretion. Please note that availability and therapist assignment may not be guaranteed. Balances outstanding for more than 90 days may be sent to collections.
- Missed Office, Evening, and Weekend Appointments: Due to high demand for office, afternoon, evening and weekend appointments, missed appointments without appropriate notice may result the loss of that appointment time slot to accommodate other clients seeking office, evening, or weekend availability.
- Noncompliance to Clinical Recommendations: Your clinician reserves the right to close your file if you fail to comply with clinical recommendations that would ensure your safety or the safety of others. Special exceptions may be made for illness or emergencies.
- Inconsistent Attendance: Consistency is essential in achieving your therapeutic goals. Your counselor reserves the right to close your file if there are three or more missed appointments within a calendar year. Reconnecting and requesting services again is possible, but availability and therapist assignment may not be guaranteed.
If therapy is terminated or if you wish to request another Counselor, we may refer you to another Therapist within our practice, provide you with referrals or you may choose a therapist of your own or from another referral source. We will happily coordinate care with your new provider if needed.
SIGNATURE OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the conditions and policies outlined above. You also authorize Pediatric and Adult Behavioral Counseling to charge fees to your payment card on file for any charges not covered by insurance, as specified in this policy. You will be notified of any future policy changes, and your signature of acknowledgement may be required. A copy of this policy is available on our website at: www.pabcounseling.com.