Cancellation and File Closure Policy
Missed appointments represent a cost to us, you, to other clients and potential clients that could have been seen during the time set aside for you or your child.
If you should need to cancel or reschedule, please contact your clinician or our office via phone, text, email, or SimplePractice messenger. Do not respond to the automated reminder messages as we will not receive these.
We request a 24 hour cancellation or rescheduling of your appointment if you are unable to attend and a four (4) hour notice if you are ill to avoid late cancellation fees. Late cancellation and no show fee is the full cost of scheduled appointment.
- Cancellations and rescheduling are required within 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment to avoid late fee
- Cancellations due to illness require a 4 hour notice via call or text to your therapist to avoid late fee
- Initial intake assessments are charged $200 if appointment is not kept, cancelled or rescheduled within the time frame mentioned above.
- Weekend appointments including Friday before 8:55 am and after 5:05 pm that are not kept, canceled or rescheduled within the above time frame will be billed at full rate as scheduled appointment, plus an additional $35.00.
- Appointments scheduled before 8:55 am and after 7:05 pm Monday through Thursday that are not kept, cancelled or rescheduled within the time frame mentioned above will be charged at full rate as scheduled appointment, plus an additional $35.00.
- Same day appointments that are not kept, cancelled or rescheduled will be charged at full rate as scheduled appointment, plus an additional $35.00.
Late cancellation and no show fees are not covered by insurance and are charged to your credit card on file.
LATE APPOINTMENT ARRIVAL POLICY:
- Appointment arrival 10 minutes or greater than the scheduled appointment time will be rescheduled and billed for full appointment rate.
- Clients that utilize insurance to pay for services and arrive 7 minutes or later than scheduled time, will be rescheduled and billed for full appointment rate to credit card on file as service is no longer billable to insurance.
FILE CLOSURE POLICY:
Ending relationships can be difficult. Therefore, it is important to have a termination process in order to achieve some closure. The appropriate length of the termination depends on the length and intensity of the treatment. Your therapist may terminate treatment if goals have been successfully met, however there are other reasons that your therapist may need to close your file. These reasons may include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of Goals
- Client needs exceed the scope in which the therapist is able to provide services
- Client is referred to higher level of care or expertise
- Client or therapist move out of state
- Therapist is no longer able to provide services due to death, illness, leaving practice, drafted, or personal reasons.
- Outstanding Payment: Clinician reserves the right to cancel upcoming appointments after a 30 day past due balance to avoid further increasing fees, however may close your file for balances exceeding 60 days. We will work with you to create a payment plan to avoid file closure. If your file is closed due to non-payment, it may be re-opened upon receipt of payment in full and Clinician discretion. Please note that we may not be able to guarantee the same availability or the same therapist. Balances will be sent to collections after 90 days past due.
- Lack of Contact: We want to ensure that clients are able to access services in a timely fashion. Therefore, if we do not hear from you in 30 days, we will close your file. You are welcome to reconnect and request services again; however, we we may not be able to guarantee the same availability or the same therapist.
- Inconsistent Attendance: Counseling is a commitment to both yourself and your Clinician. This means that consistency is important to achieving the goals that you are working towards. Therefore, if there are three total missed or late cancelled appointments within a calendar year, we may close your file. If you have three cancellations within a three month period, we may close your file. You are welcome to reconnect and request services again; however, we may not be able to guarantee the same availability or the same therapist.
- Missed Office, Evening and Weekend Appointments: Weekend and evening hours (after 5 pm) are the most sought out due to lack of availability. We encourage you to consider scheduling telehealth day time appointments if you are unable to physically make it to your appointments. Your clinician will work with you to accommodate your needs so that your therapeutic process is not interrupted. If however you miss, cancel, reschedule two appointments within a three to six month period, your clinician reserves the right to close your file, provide teleheatlh therapy only for future appointments, and/or open your day and time to another client seeking office, evening, and / or weekend availability.
- Noncompliance to services or clinician recommendations: Your Clinician reserves the right to close your file due to noncompliance to services or clinician recommendations. Your Clinician may make special exceptions due to illness or emergencies.
If therapy is terminated for any reason or you would like to request another therapist, we will refer you to another counselor within our practice. You may also choose someone on your own or from another referral source.
SIGNATURE TO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT FOR CONSENT TO CANCELLATION POLICY AND FILE CLOSURE POLICIES:
- I acknowledge that I have both read, understand, and agree to the above conditions and policies contained herein.
- I agree to allow Pediatric and Adult Behavioral Counseling charge fees to my payment card on file for any fees not covered by insurance for reasons that are stated in this policy.
- If this policy should change at anytime, you will be provided with updates by our office or your therapist and may be required signature of acknowledgement.