Teen CBT Skills Class
Welcome to the Teen Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Skills Class! This course is designed to empower teenagers ages 13-17 with effective tools and techniques to manage their emotions, overcome challenges, and build resilience. CBT is a widely recognized and evidence-based approach that can help you gain control over your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. This class is 9 weeks long and held on Saturday from 3:00 – 4:00 pm in suite 110. This class is taught by Lora Gianinio, MA LLPC. During this class, she will explore various CBT skills that can be invaluable in navigating the ups and downs of adolescence.
We have extended enrollment until October 6th. Please RSVP and we will contact you back with confirmation. Spots are limited. If you have registered and unable to attend, please contact us Lora direct at 947-225-1846 or email@example.com to let us know.
Class Structure: Our classes will be interactive and engaging, with a mix of discussions, practical exercises, and group activities. You’ll have the opportunity to share your experiences and learn from your peers. Each class will focus on one or more specific CBT skills, with opportunities for practice and feedback.
Homework and Practice: To truly benefit from this course, it’s important to apply what you learn in your daily life. You will receive assignments and exercises to practice the CBT skills we cover in class. These assignments are designed to help you develop these skills and see their real-world impact.
Course Materials: We will provide you with course materials, including handouts, worksheets, and recommended reading, to support your learning journey. We just ask that your teen brings a notebook and something to write with.
- Understanding CBT: Gain a solid understanding of what CBT is and how it can be applied to your daily life.
- Identifying Thoughts and Emotions: Learn to recognize your thoughts and emotions, understanding how they are connected, and how they influence your behavior.
- Challenging Negative Thoughts: Develop the ability to challenge and reframe negative or irrational thoughts that can contribute to anxiety, stress, and low mood.
- Emotion Regulation: Explore strategies for regulating your emotions and managing intense feelings like anger, sadness, and anxiety.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Acquire problem-solving skills to address life’s challenges more effectively.
- Building Resilience: Discover techniques to build resilience and bounce back from setbacks and adversity.
- Communication Skills: Improve your communication skills to express yourself effectively and build healthier relationships.
- Self-Care and Stress Management: Learn self-care practices and stress management techniques to promote mental well-being.
Conclusion: We are excited to embark on this journey of self-discovery and growth with you. By the end of this Teen CBT Skills Class, you will have a toolbox of valuable skills to enhance your emotional well-being and navigate the challenges of adolescence more effectively. Let’s get started on this empowering journey together.